[Scribus] cairo /glitz problems

Bart Alberti bart
Thu Sep 15 22:38:12 CEST 2005

Here is a message found after searching google for "glitz suse".
I send it tongue in cheek. The solution seems to be that 'pango'
had been overwritten and it should have been re-installed.
This is in SuSE 92, which I have; so it hits home here;
apparently SUSe 9.3 has the upgraded libraries? I will go to 9.3
as soon as I can. These are the ./confgure options for me:
Dare I continue?

Bart Alberti

--------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

cairo will be compiled with the following surface backends:
  Xlib: yes
  Quartz: no
  XCB: no
  Win32: no
  PostScript: no
  PDF: no
  glitz: no

the following font backends:
  FreeType: yes
  Win32: no
  ATSUI: no

and the following features:
  PNG functions: yes

------------->>>>>>>>>>>

 Aug 28 2005, 08:08 AM
Post #1

 Baby Tux

 Group: Members
 Joined: 18-June 05
 From: Italy
 Member No.: 12,546

Hello, i think i've done a disaster.. well, i tried installing
Mail-Notification (aka tray-icon).
All dependecies were ok, it only asked to install some more pakets, i
think (not sure) Pango, Cairo-devel, libcairo and others. I let it do.
I have many sources in Yast so it downloaded directly from the mirrors.
I run Suse 9.2.

After that, everything has got screwed, averything that has a system
tray icon like xchat, gaim, stardict... nothing works any more and
returns a Segmentation Fault error.

After installing Mail-Notification, even not choosing anything in Yast,
i had the dependency conflicts with Cairo-devel, glitz-devel, gmime,
libcairo, pango.
I tried removing Mail-Notification: hell of dependencies. Ignored them
and removed that devil and now i have no more dependencies broken at
first glance in Yast, but still all the tray applications do not work
(segmentation fault, always).

If i try deleting Cairo or Pango, (i don't remember exactly but it seems
to me that were installed with Mail-Notification)... disaser of other
dependencies, 100+ ...

I didn't expected such a mess only for installing a little package...
Now what can i do? SOS please !!