[Scribus] cairo /glitz problems

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Sep 15 23:03:57 CEST 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 22:38, Bart Alberti wrote:
> Here is a message found after searching google for "glitz suse".
> I send it tongue in cheek. The solution seems to be that 'pango'
> had been overwritten and it should have been re-installed.
> This is in SuSE 92, which I have; so it hits home here;
> apparently SUSe 9.3 has the upgraded libraries? I will go to 9.3
> as soon as I can. These are the ./confgure options for me:
> Dare I continue?
>
> Bart Alberti
>
> --------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
>
> cairo will be compiled with the following surface backends:
>   Xlib: yes
>   Quartz: no
>   XCB: no
>   Win32: no
>   PostScript: no
>   PDF: no
>   glitz: no
>
> the following font backends:
>   FreeType: yes
>   Win32: no
>   ATSUI: no
>
> and the following features:
>   PNG functions: yes

<snip>

I'm not sure, but I would just wait until you get 9.3. Upgrading is
painless and far less likely to cause issues.

In this case the Cairo API has changed, this not merely an RPM
dependency or missing symbols.

Truthfully, there is not much to be gained from enabling cairo now,
except testing. User visible changes are mostly improved gradients.

I just would hate to see you bust a working system.

Cheers,

Peter