[Scribus] Licencing of the Scribus Wiki

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Sep 16 15:42:50 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm somewhat confused after having read those recent notes on the Wiki's
licencing:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Licensing

in particular, this part of them:

<quoting>
"This wiki forms a "users for users" website, shall we say, and the main
Scribus team contributes content for public discussion such as the
development roadmap, and articles as necessary but these are not
intended to be used on the other site as posted here."
</quoting>

It is surely merely  a misunderstanding, but it sounds, like Scribus
Wiki users/authors were not allowed to execute some of their rights,
granted to them by this Wiki's  CC-BY-SA licence
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/ , in particular:

     * to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
     * to make derivative works
     * to make commercial use of the work

To avoid any future misunderstandings: this licence applies to every
single page of this Wiki, unless noted otherwise in the article in
question from the very beginning. AFAIK, there are currently only two
Wiki articles (man page drafts), where separate licencing (GNU GPL) has
been aplied. Those Wiki articles that had been initiated by Scribus Team
members without a previous note regarding the separate licencing, and
were edited by other Wiki users in (true) belief, this were CC-BY-SA
licenced articles, have to remain licenced this way. The only articles I
can think of, where this licence could be reversible, are 1.3x Roadmap
and Roadmap Extras pages, since there were entirely created by Scribus
team and were ineditable anyway.

Probably I'm overreacting, but since I've been contributing to this Wiki
from the very beginning, I would like to have those  matters cleared
once and for all.

best regards
Maciej