[Scribus] Licencing of the Scribus Wiki

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Sep 16 21:37:13 CEST 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 15:42, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm somewhat confused after having read those recent notes on the Wiki's
> licencing:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Licensing
>
> in particular, this part of them:
>
> <quoting>
> "This wiki forms a "users for users" website, shall we say, and the main
> Scribus team contributes content for public discussion such as the
> development roadmap, and articles as necessary but these are not
> intended to be used on the other site as posted here."
> </quoting>
>
> It is surely merely  a misunderstanding, but it sounds, like Scribus
> Wiki users/authors were not allowed to execute some of their rights,

Maciej,

Perhaps I have made it clearer now by replacing "the other site" with "the
official documentation site". The other site was referred to in the first
sentence.

That is, if there is not other license posted for a particular page then it
falls under the CCAS license as you correctly stated. Users may do what they
wish within the bounds of that license. What the paragraph states is that we
will not post official *documentation* on both sites, but may write up some
summaries and edit and assist users, but the main bulk of documentation will
be posted on docs.scribus.net.

best regards
Craig