[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.2.3 Released

Russbucket russbucket
Fri Sep 16 16:05:57 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 07:44 pm, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi Russ,
>
> this might help to clean up your system:
>
> 1) Hopefully, you have retained the directory with the 1.2.2cvs data. If
> that's the case, run -- as root -- "make uninstall" from within the
> 1.2.2cvs directory
>
> 2) To be on the safe side, also remove the rpm (either with YAST or via
> rpm on the command line; I'd prefer the latter) and re-install the
> Scribus package.
>
> 3) If you still see a wrong version number, right click the icon or the
> K-menu entry, and you can fix this in the menu editor.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

I was able to change the ICONs to point to the new version but have been
unable to do step 1. I cannot find a 1.2.2cvs directory. I do not remember
deleting it. I do find a scribus install in /usr/bin (1.2.3)[3.7MB program]
and one in /usr/local/bin [3.3MB installed in April,05] Would this be where I
execute the make command? I'm just learning this type of operations with
Linux so bare with me.

Thanks again for your help.

Russbucket