[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.2.3 Released

PLinnell mrdocs
Sat Sep 17 00:31:49 CEST 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 16:05, Russbucket wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 07:44 pm, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > Hi Russ,
> >
> > this might help to clean up your system:
> >
> > 1) Hopefully, you have retained the directory with the 1.2.2cvs
> > data. If that's the case, run -- as root -- "make uninstall" from
> > within the 1.2.2cvs directory
> >
> > 2) To be on the safe side, also remove the rpm (either with YAST
> > or via rpm on the command line; I'd prefer the latter) and
> > re-install the Scribus package.
> >
> > 3) If you still see a wrong version number, right click the icon
> > or the K-menu entry, and you can fix this in the menu editor.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Christoph
>
> I was able to change the ICONs to point to the new version but have
> been unable to do step 1. I cannot find a 1.2.2cvs directory. I do
> not remember deleting it. I do find a scribus install in /usr/bin
> (1.2.3)[3.7MB program] and one in /usr/local/bin [3.3MB installed
> in April,05] Would this be where I execute the make command? I'm
> just learning this type of operations with Linux so bare with me.
>
> Thanks again for your help.

The safe way to fix this is to remove /usr/local/bin/scribus or rename
it.

Depending on how your environment is setup, the search order for
executable files could be /usr/local/bin/ before /usr/bin.

For example, few rpm or debian packages are installed in /usr/local
but in /usr

Hope that helps,
Peter