[Scribus] Ligatures and "Expert Fonts" again

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Sep 21 22:49:44 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 22:41, Robert Memering wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. September 2005 21:42 schrieb Maciej Hanski:
> > Hi,
> > currently, there is no way to automatically deal with ligatures,
> > but it's on the roadmap:
> >
> > http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1413
> >
> > br
> > Maciej
>
> Is there any way to find out if there's hope for these
> features to be included in the near future?
> I find them quite essential for high quality DTP.
>
> It seems that I will have to continue using LaTeX for
> things it wasn't intended for...
>
> Robert

As Maciej noted, it is on the list.

The rendering engine will be re-written and part of this is to enable
support Open Type features far beyond current capabilites.

It is a very important part of the roadmap for 1.3.x.

Cheers,
Peter