[Scribus] Ligatures and "Expert Fonts" again

Andreas Vox vox
Wed Sep 21 22:54:38 CEST 2005

Robert Memering wrote:

> Is there any way to find out if there's hope for these
> features to be included in the near future?

Depends on your concept of "near future":
* next four weeks: unlikely
* next four months: very likely

I think it will definitely be included in the next major stable release
(1.4)
which will take some more time, since we are only at the beginning of
the 1.3 series.

> I find them quite essential for high quality DTP.
>
> It seems that I will have to continue using LaTeX for
> things it wasn't intended for...

AFAIK you have to do some tweaking with LaTeX to access those font
features...

I'm not very firm with Scribus scripting, but I think it would be
possible for you  to develop a Python script "replace with oldstyle
numerals in selection" which automates the "insert special" procedure.
This is not the way we want to implement it though (we plan some sort
of charstyle for those features).

/Andreas