[Scribus] EPS previews incorrect

D Jungk scribus
Thu Feb 2 18:58:56 CET 2006

I'm a new user of Scribus, so I'm not sure what the procedure is for reporting
bugs, but I'll try to find it on the web page. In the meantime, I thought I'd
mention it here.

I make a document 4 inches wide and 2 inches tall, add some type, and export
it as EPS.

I make a new letter-size document and place 8 image frames on the page in
order to bring the EPS in and print it 8 on a page.

I "get image" and select the EPS file and the info box says that the image is
595 x 842 points, roughly A4. When I place it in the image frame, the frame
is blank. If I put -9.5 inches in the Y-Offset, the image appears. It seems
that the image is in the lower left corner of an A4 size bounding box.

But opening the EPS in a text editor shows that it has the correct bounding
box.

To see the image on the screen, I have to use a -9.5 Y.Offset. But to print it
correctly, I have to set the offset back to zero. It seemed that the EPS
image data was correct, but the preview data was incorrect.

I then tried with an eps file made with Macintosh Illustrator and the same
preview problem appears. So the EPS is ok, but the process of displaying the
preview seems to have a bug.

Don Jungk