[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Feb 16 00:13:06 CET 2006

Hi Riku,

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 23:22 schrieb Riku Leino:
> Louis Desjardins wrote:
> > quite a lot
>
> and Christoph Sch?fer:
> > didn't mind me keep on going
>
> This is probably the reason why it's so confusing. Preferences contains
> both Global preferences and Document defaults. Maybe we should make this
> monster three headed. There should probably be something like "Global
> Preferences" that are not tied to a document then "Document Defaults" and
> "Current Document Preferences" which would override the settings in the
> "Document Defaults". Now "Document Defaults" and "Current Document
> Preferences" should be identical in which case it wouldn't be all that
> confusing just to have a single dialog for these which leads us back to the
> two headed monster quite differrent from the current situation though:
> Global Prefs (not related to docs) and Document setup (where we should
> somehow, Quark/1.2.x style?, identify the target of the changes) or if
> that's confusing just keep the two dialogs for defaults and current
> document but add a third dialog for global non doc specific prefs.

First I was shocked when you suggested yet another dialog, but after thinking
it over twice ... yes, it could work. And I assume "Current Document
Preferences" would also be the "New Document" dialog? _Then_ it would make
sense, indeed, because document specific defaults (from "Document defaults")
can be overriden at the very beginning.

If that were the way to go, one would have to sort out what belongs into
"Defaults" (UI language, theme, paths, of course, but what else?) and what
should be shown in the other dialogs?

OK, next round, please ;)

Cheers,

Christoph