[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Riku Leino tsoots
Wed Feb 15 23:22:44 CET 2006

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> quite a lot
and Christoph Sch?fer:
> didn't mind me keep on going

This is probably the reason why it's so confusing. Preferences contains both
Global preferences and Document defaults. Maybe we should make this monster
three headed. There should probably be something like "Global Preferences"
that are not tied to a document then "Document Defaults" and "Current
Document Preferences" which would override the settings in the "Document
Defaults". Now "Document Defaults" and "Current Document Preferences" should
be identical in which case it wouldn't be all that confusing just to have a
single dialog for these which leads us back to the two headed monster quite
differrent from the current situation though: Global Prefs (not related to
docs) and Document setup (where we should somehow, Quark/1.2.x style?,
identify the target of the changes) or if that's confusing just keep the two
dialogs for defaults and current document but add a third dialog for global
non doc specific prefs.