[Scribus] Scribus with Cairo impression: nicer but a bit slower

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Mon Feb 20 11:34:23 CET 2006

Dear readers,

out of curiosity I compiled Scribus 1.3.2 against libcairo 1.0.2 on a Debian
Sarge system. Just as a feedback: compilation and building works without
problem, and to me Scribus with Cairo gives a better onscreen output
especially with readability of small writing and smoother gradients. On the
other hand to me it appeared a bit slower in rendering, however, as I used a
not-up-to-date system in terms of CPU and memory on other systems it will
perhaps be not noticeable.
But for the improved visibility of small writing I will use the Cairo version
more frequently in future.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

--