[Scribus] Creation of PDFs in black and white

James King chargerking
Mon Feb 20 23:15:07 CET 2006

I'm currently looking into switching to scribus as my main DTP, away from MS
Word (which is now inadequate for the size and style I now need/want to work
at) and Acrobat 5.0.  I've had a look through the documentation website,
which answered many questions, however I've not been able to find a
resolution on creating black & white PDFs from colour documents.

My printer requests it this way, and I also like to prepare small web-based
colour versions to be released after publication (so creating the layouts in
B&W isn't an option).  Before now I've created postscript files in B&W and
then fed them through the Acrobat Distiller, is there a way I can cut down
on this labour intensive task by using Scribus?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

James King