[Scribus] Creation of PDFs in black and white

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon Feb 20 23:23:38 CET 2006

James King a ?crit :

> I'm currently looking into switching to scribus as my main DTP, away from MS
> Word (which is now inadequate for the size and style I now need/want to work
> at) and Acrobat 5.0.  I've had a look through the documentation website,
> which answered many questions, however I've not been able to find a
> resolution on creating black & white PDFs from colour documents.
>
> My printer requests it this way, and I also like to prepare small web-based
> colour versions to be released after publication (so creating the layouts in
> B&W isn't an option).  Before now I've created postscript files in B&W and
> then fed them through the Acrobat Distiller, is there a way I can cut down
> on this  labour intensive task by using Scribus?

Hi James,

There is an option in 1.3.3 cvs (maybe also in previous versions) for
outputing a grayscale PDF. I personnaly did not try this feature yet but
it should work fine.

You can also open up your images in GIMP and save them as grayscale
images. That way, you will have full control on your images. Plus, they
will be lighter (in terms of weight in KB or MB!) and the resulting PDF
will be as well.

HTH

Louis