[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.4.1 fast enough in Zenwalk

me at guybouchard.ca me
Tue Feb 21 13:50:08 CET 2006

Le 06-02-20 ? 13:16, Christoph Sch?fer a ?crit :

> Am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 17:56 schrieb me at guybouchard.ca:
>> I am using Scribus on my iBook with great success.
>>
>> My work is always around 10-12 pages and not really loaded.
>>
>> I try some Linux distro right now.
>>
>> I have not loaded my work in Scribus on other distro.
>>
>> If i load a 10 pages Scribus document, it takes 3-4 minutes in Ubuntu
>> 5.10.
>>
>> Is it a knonw issue on Ubuntu 5.10?
>>
>> My computer is not fast (800MHZ / 128 MB) so it may be related.
>
> Hi Guy,
>
> 128 MB RAM sounds not much to me :( I have 512 and Scribus 1.2 can
> become
> painfully slow when I have many pictures in a doc.

I installed Zenwalk Linux 2.2 with Scribus 1.2.4.1 and my document
load in a few seconds.

128 MB is very low for doing real life work but not too bad for my
time to time (Scribus) need.

Thanks.

Guy Bouchard
35 du Bel-Air