[Scribus] New Word importer

Petr Vaněk petr
Tue Feb 21 20:15:47 CET 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 19:49, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hmm, so antiword must be regarded as an interim solution? I noticed on the
> bugtracker that the PDB importer has used some code from AbiWord. Wouldn't
> it be possible to do this for DOC as well (And WPD)? AbiWord and KWord are
> out there, and the importer doesn't need all the features, only text
> formatting and paragraph styles.

hello Christoph,
I'm looking into it. Esp. for Abi's stuff. It looks more "transformable" into
Scribus than koffice surprisingly. The PDB importer was work for 4 hours only
(well, I'm not so good programmer propably) just because PDB is very simple
document format. You can imagine the complexity of DOC - we should to write
Scribus wrapper for a lot of binary pieces of strange unknowns.

Personally I prefer styles enabled importer too. But it can be way to lost the
time for more important bugs mainly (yep, large patches come these days).

p.
--
Petr Vanek --------------
petr [at] yarpen [dot] cz