[Scribus] New Word importer

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Feb 21 20:29:55 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 21. Februar 2006 20:15 schrieb Petr Van?k:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2006 19:49, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > Hmm, so antiword must be regarded as an interim solution? I noticed on
> > the bugtracker that the PDB importer has used some code from AbiWord.
> > Wouldn't it be possible to do this for DOC as well (And WPD)? AbiWord and
> > KWord are out there, and the importer doesn't need all the features, only
> > text formatting and paragraph styles.

Hi Petr,

> hello Christoph,
> I'm looking into it.

Thanks very much for your efforts! Highly appreciated!

> Esp. for Abi's stuff. It looks more "transformable"
> into Scribus than koffice surprisingly. The PDB importer was work for 4
> hours only (well, I'm not so good programmer propably) just because PDB is
> very simple document format. You can imagine the complexity of DOC - we
> should to write Scribus wrapper for a lot of binary pieces of strange
> unknowns.
>
> Personally I prefer styles enabled importer too. But it can be way to lost
> the time for more important bugs mainly (yep, large patches come these
> days).

Just FYI: I have opened a Wiki page with a list of file formats that might be
of interest for use with Scribus (import/export):

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/File_formats_that_should_be_supported_by_Scribus_%28wish_list%29

> p.

Cheers,

Christoph