[Scribus] Tutorial: some assistance please

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Jul 30 17:56:28 CEST 2006

I have started work on the tutorial that Maciej imported for us. If you
want to either help or follow progress and offer advice, you will need
to bookmark this, since now, for obvious reasons, it's in an isolated
place on the wiki so as not to totally confuse someone who might stumble
upon it:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:Contributors

What I need help with is with the page I've been working on:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:2

As I was editing, I had the opportunity to discover that the download
pages on the Scribus site are a quite confusing mess, to put it bluntly.
How someone would ever figure out which version is meant for them and
how to get it is more than I can fathom. I'm amazed that people seem to
have the patience to figure this out.

I decided to strip out the information at least for more "modern" shall
we say ways to install Scribus from binaries, such as apt-get, yum, the
Windows installer. I'm not sure how accurate and up to date this
information from the Scribus site is. I use Fedora Core 5, so that one I
know.

Could some of you review the Download a Version section to see if what
is there is correct? (I actually don't have anything there for
Ubuntu/Kubuntu) If you have editing privileges for the Wiki, feel free
to fix what's there. If you don't or don't want to, please post to the
list or to me directly.

Thanks.

Greg