[Scribus] Donations

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Oct 14 16:41:53 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman napisał(a):
> Maciej Hanski wrote:
>> vince napisał(a):
>>
>>> How does a person make donations?
>>> I found about half the pages referenced on the left top of the wiki
>>> blank including the Donations redirection.
>>> I can't afford much but I would like to help some.
>>>
>>> Vince
>>>
>> As mentioned before by Scribus team members, they are in the process of
>> creating a  not-for-profit organisation in France which will collect and
>> distribute donations.
>>
>> Meanwhile, you and other supporters could donate for better hardware for
>> our Scribus Public Wiki and Scribus Bug tracker (some of you may have
>> noticed longer  loading times recently). More info:
>>
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Public_Wiki:Site_support
>>

> How do we know, or is there a mechanism to give us feedback about what
> our donation(s) would actually be used for? I realize that the wiki page
> talks about what is needed, but by the time money is donated, it might
> actually go to something else.

Given how hard it is to get an account number from one of the Scribus
guys including Eirik aka ltning from anduin.net who hosts our wiki and
bug tracker sites (see this bug report
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=4387 to see what I mean), I must
say, I simply trust them.

>Some nonprofits allow you to "adopt" a
> project or item to put your money toward.
>
> It would seem that this might be a nice personal touch to the process,
> perhaps encourage more donations.

Nice idea for the future, do you have any examples? For the time being,
we have a pretty detailed list of what hardware is needed, perhaps (to
avoid too much red tape), a final note from ltning with listing how much
(if anything at all:) has been donated and what has been bought would
suffice in this case?

M.