[Scribus] Donations

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Oct 14 17:47:44 CEST 2006

Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Gregory Pittman napisa?(a):
>
>> How do we know, or is there a mechanism to give us feedback about what
>> our donation(s) would actually be used for? I realize that the wiki page
>> talks about what is needed, but by the time money is donated, it might
>> actually go to something else.
>>

> Given how hard it is to get an account number from one of the Scribus
> guys including Eirik aka ltning from anduin.net who hosts our wiki and
> bug tracker sites (see this bug report
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=4387 to see what I mean), I must
> say, I simply trust them.

It's not a matter of distrust. I was going to make a donation just now,
to see how it worked. One thing firefox tells me as I get to the credit
card page is that the information is not encrypted, which has me a
little worried. I've had an issue come up with international card fraud
(someone took a trip from England to Paris on my card number), and you
quickly find out that the rules of liability are more fuzzy.

Greg