[Scribus] Scribus for Scientific Posters?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Dec 1 14:52:21 CET 2007

Martin Costabel wrote:
> At the mathematical conferences I have been attending recently, the
> standard for posters is to use LaTeX for the whole poster. Not for text
> pages glued together afterwards, but for complete A0 posters with all
> kinds of graphics mixed with text. Here are two examples:
> <http://canum2006.univ-rennes1.fr/exposes_et_posters/poster_bonnaillie.pdf>
> <http://canum2006.univ-rennes1.fr/exposes_et_posters/poster_minnolina.pdf>

do you know if they are using a modified LaTeX? I didn't know that A0
was an option -- the reason I ask is that ideally, if one were trying to
incorporate some LaTeX output formulas in Scribus, you would want the
biggest output it could generate. Then you might have a chance to use
pdflatex, then convert the pdf to PS/EPS to import into Scribus.
> Some are doing it with PowerPoint (and I guess OOo will be similar), but
> the inferior quality of the mathematical formulas sticks out.

that's got to be just wonderful...

I would say keep working on this -- it's an interesting issue that is
not unique and needs a solution. 1.3.5svn may eventually be the answer.

Greg