[Scribus] Scribus for Scientific Posters?

Xavier Colmant xavier.colmant
Sun Dec 2 21:10:22 CET 2007

> That, together with the vector embedding of LaTeX output,
> should
> turn Scribus into a very powerful LaTeX page layout program.

I never understood why there is no gui interface to Tex.  Scientific
masochism?  Otherwise, Tex is incredibly powerful and flexible.  It's
really good at laying out whole documents and to write formulas.  But,
as master Andr?as said, it's a pain if you want to do some little
specific designs on a page.  Generally Tex output is very bland.  All
Tex documents look the same (man or info pages in Linux), thousands of
thesis written by scientists...  Knuth's 'The Art of Computer
Programming' is part of my bedstands books.