[Scribus] General guideline request

Michael Higgins linux
Tue Dec 4 16:47:36 CET 2007

Hello, folks --

I've used Scribus for a few years now, off and on. Love it.

I'm now employed to create a bunch of active Acrobat forms.

My understanding is that 1.3.4 is the branch that, while not
necessarily stable, at least has working PDF tools. Is this in essence
true?

Is this the only/best option I have? I use Gentoo, so either 1.3.3.x or
1.3.4 is available to me, ATM.

I keep seeing mention of 1.3.5 here and there, but I'll be damned if I
can find a tarball or subversion repo. Is there such a beast? Would it
be useful to me more so than 1.3.4?

Is PDF support in the 'stable' version? I don't actually care too much
about stability (as I was a microsoft "windows" user for years), but I
do want maximum functionality.

Any suggestions or advice welcome!

Cheers,

--