[Scribus] Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X: missing qmake

Eric Watson wasnotrice
Sun Dec 16 04:48:42 CET 2007

Hi, all.

I'm trying to compile 1.3.5 on OS X Leopard, following the
instructions on the wiki:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_from_CVS/SVN_sources_on_Mac_OS_X/Aqua

I have followed the instructions all the way to the cmake command,
which fails like this:

imac:build eric$ cmake -DBUILD_OSX_BUNDLE=1 -DWANT_CAIRO=1 \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/Users/eric/Applications/Scribus.App/
Contents/ ../trunk/Scribus
-- Scribus 1.3.5svn will be built to install into /Users/eric/
Applications/Scribus.App/Contents
-- Building for target i686-apple-darwin9
-- Found target X86
CMake Error: Qt qmake not found!
-- Configuring done
imac:build eric$ which qmake
/opt/local/bin/qmake

As you can see, I have a qmake at /opt/local/bin/qmake, but I'm
thinking this must be part of qt3. I installed qt4 as a binary from
trolltech. Should I have installed qt4 some other way?

Thanks!

Eric