[Scribus] Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X: missing qmake

avox avox
Sun Dec 16 14:40:01 CET 2007

Eric Watson-2 wrote:

> CMake Error: Qt qmake not found!
> -- Configuring done
> imac:build eric$ which qmake
> /opt/local/bin/qmake
>
> As you can see, I have a qmake at /opt/local/bin/qmake, but I'm
> thinking this must be part of qt3. I installed qt4 as a binary from
> trolltech. Should I have installed qt4 some other way?

This happens when Qt3's qmake is in front of Qt4's qmake in the path.
Try

    imac:build eric$ type -a qmake
    /opt/local/bin/qmake
    /usr/bin/qmake

If your output looks like this, enter

    imac:build eric$ PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH
    imac:build eric$ cmake -DBUILD_OSX_BUNDLE=1 -DWANT_CAIRO=1 \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/Users/eric/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/
../trunk/Scribus

Note the correction to "Scribus.app". Uppercase "App" might work on HFS
volumes but I wouldn't rely on it.

HTH
/Andreas