[Scribus] Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X: missing qmake

Eric Watson wasnotrice
Mon Dec 17 21:18:05 CET 2007

On Dec 16, 2007, at 7:40 AM, avox wrote:

> Eric Watson-2 wrote:

>> CMake Error: Qt qmake not found!
>> -- Configuring done
>> imac:build eric$ which qmake
>> /opt/local/bin/qmake
>>
>> As you can see, I have a qmake at /opt/local/bin/qmake, but I'm
>> thinking this must be part of qt3. I installed qt4 as a binary from
>> trolltech. Should I have installed qt4 some other way?
>>

> This happens when Qt3's qmake is in front of Qt4's qmake in the path.
> Try
>
>    imac:build eric$ type -a qmake
>    /opt/local/bin/qmake
>    /usr/bin/qmake
>
> If your output looks like this, enter
>
>    imac:build eric$ PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH
>    imac:build eric$ cmake -DBUILD_OSX_BUNDLE=1 -DWANT_CAIRO=1 \
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/Users/eric/Applications/Scribus.app/
> Contents/
> ../trunk/Scribus

That worked perfectly. Thanks!

> Note the correction to "Scribus.app". Uppercase "App" might work on
> HFS
> volumes but I wouldn't rely on it.

Noted. That line was copied directly from the wiki page. As soon as I
get a wiki account, I'll modify the wiki page, changing Scribus.App to
Scribus.app.

Thanks again!

Eric