[Scribus] printing problem

Mo Awkati mawkati
Thu Dec 20 21:24:13 CET 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Sent: Thursday, 20 December, 2007 8:10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Scribus] printing problem

Mo Awkati wrote:
> I have just tried the lp -dprintername  command  and it worked first
> time. Why is this different to the other method? And how do I set the

> printer setting if want to, say use economy or high quality? Do I do
> this through the CUPS interface?
You have used CUPS to do this. lp is going to be a link to the CUPS
printing. Therefore, all your adjustments in CUPS will apply to this
 method.

We haven't been able to figure out why, but in Fedora Core 6 is where
this direct printing problem came up for me. Something about the way
 the
kernel/CUPS communicate. Obviously , Scribus generates the PS file just

fine.

Greg
_

Many thanks Greg for your help. Its not a problem for me to use the CUPS interface. I will do this from now on.

Cheers

Mo