[Scribus] Paint or vector graphics program with charcoal drawing emulation

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Dec 24 02:14:57 CET 2007

Hedley Finger wrote:
> Gregory:
>
> At Monday, 24/12/2007, 01:50 AM;, you wrote:
>
>> This is hardly the right list for this question. I'm not aware of a
>> direct way of doing this in either app,
>>

> So I figured that Scribus is a good place to pose the question
> because there must be others using The Gimp, Krita, Inkscape, etc.
> for special graphics who could steer me corretly.  Believe me, I have
> google until my eyes rolled up!  I may be onto a lead and will report
> back if it turns out to have substance.

Well, if you can't find it elsewhere, you might as well come here.
I fiddled around with Gimp, Inkscape, and Krita and there isn't any
obvious easy way to do charcoal in any. IIRC, the Krita team did demo
something like that at LGM2 in Montreal, probably still in development.

Greg