[Scribus] spellcheck for Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Dec 26 03:53:48 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007 03:34:42 schrieb John Thornton:
> OK, as a slave to Mr Gates I usually work with his evil Microsoft junk.
>
> So what do I do? I gather that I cannot import from word into scribus.

You can. You'll just lose your text formatting.

> Is
> there a workaround if I save word as html? If so how do I save in html and
> import to scribus?

Save as HTML from Word and import the file into a Scribus text frame. Scribus
_does_ support HTML formatting.

> My other option would be to get openoffice and start using that? :)

That'd be even better, since OO.o Writer files are better supported than
*.doc. Paragraph styles and formatting of individual characters will survive
the import.

HTH

Christoph