[Scribus] spellcheck for Scribus

John Thornton jdthornton
Wed Dec 26 03:47:40 CET 2007

Thanks for the help.

My project is that I am producing a newsletter that will be put online.
Hence it would be VERY bad to make spelling mistakes!

Scribus, for all its limitations, is still the best layout software that I
have come across so far.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph Sch?fer [mailto:christoph-schaefer at gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 December 2007 1:54 PM
To: John Thornton
Cc: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] spellcheck for Scribus

Am Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007 03:34:42 schrieb John Thornton:
> OK, as a slave to Mr Gates I usually work with his evil Microsoft junk.
>
> So what do I do? I gather that I cannot import from word into scribus.

You can. You'll just lose your text formatting.

> Is
> there a workaround if I save word as html? If so how do I save in html and
> import to scribus?

Save as HTML from Word and import the file into a Scribus text frame.
Scribus
_does_ support HTML formatting.

> My other option would be to get openoffice and start using that? :)

That'd be even better, since OO.o Writer files are better supported than
*.doc. Paragraph styles and formatting of individual characters will survive

the import.

HTH

Christoph

Checked by AVG Free Edition.