[Scribus] Still trying to line up my numbers

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Dec 27 01:09:52 CET 2007

On Thursday 27 December 2007 00:56:10 william f. maddock wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2007, at 3:11 AM, John Thornton wrote:
> >        About a week ago I asked about lining up stuff in a text box. I
> > was
> > trying to avoid this:
> >

> >  Bill goes to Rome 8
> >   Joe goes to New York 9
> >   Sam is a soccer star 10
> >
> >   Someone told me to look at the paragraph styles and tabulators. After
> > playing with both I still haven't figured out any way to manage it.
> > Note
> > that I am NOT trying to make a "table" etc; rather, a "floating" lined
> > up
> > list of contents.
> >
> > Any more suggestions? I use scribus 1.3.3.9 and that 8.48 GS.
> >
> > Andrew
>
> Create a text frame
> Select Style>Tabulators...
> 	A dialogue box will pop up in which you can set tabs for the frame
> 	Set your tab where you want it, then make it a right tab
> This way your numbers will line up just fine.

or put in your text.. then click on the horizontal ruler and set the tabs
where you want them.. and insert your tabs in the text to fit... drag the
tabs if you dont like the placement you originally made.

Craig