[Scribus] Problem Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X

Ralf Höling hoeling
Fri Dec 28 23:50:12 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Scribus 1.3.5 on my MacBook Pro with Leopard. I
followed the instructions on <http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_from_CVS/SVN_sources_on_Mac_OS_X/Aqua#Building_and_Installing_Scribus

but I have Fink installed instead of Macports. So when trying the
command

cmake -DBUILD_OSX_BUNDLE=1 -DWANT_CAIRO=1 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/
Users/ralf/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/ ../trunk/Scribus/

I get the following output:

Scribus 1.3.5svn will be built to install into /Users/ralf/
Applications/Scribus.app/Contents
-- Building for target i686-apple-darwin9
-- Found target X86
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.3
Qt4 Found OK
-- Building without Qt3 Support (GOOD)
ZLIB Library Found OK
-- Found PNG: /usr/X11R6/lib/libpng.dylib
Using PNG Library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libpng.dylib
PNG Library Found OK
-- Found JPEG: /sw/lib/libjpeg.dylib
JPEG Library Found OK
-- Found TIFF: /sw/lib/libtiff.dylib
TIFF Library Found OK
Python Library Found OK
FreeType2 Library Found OK
-- Previously selected rendering system: CAIRO
CAIRO Library Found OK
CUPS Library Found OK
LIBXML2 Library Found OK
LCMS ReleaseLibrary: /sw/lib/liblcms.dylib
LCMS Debug Library: LCMS_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
LCMS Library: /sw/lib/liblcms.dylib
LittleCMS Library Found OK
FontConfig Found OK
ASpell or its developer libraries NOT found - Disabling support for
spell checking
PoDoFo NOT found - Disabling support for PDF embedded in AI
RPATH: lib/scribus/plugins/;
CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
and cmake can not find them.
Please set the following variables:
FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR

-- Configuring done

When trying "make" after that I get the following message:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Any ideas what is wrong or how to set the "FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR"-
variable?

Thanks

Ralf