[Scribus] Problem Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X

Martin Costabel costabel
Sat Dec 29 10:28:20 CET 2007

Ralf H?ling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile Scribus 1.3.5 on my MacBook Pro with Leopard. I
> followed the instructions on <http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_from_CVS/SVN_sources_on_Mac_OS_X/Aqua#Building_and_Installing_Scribus
>  >
> but I have Fink installed instead of Macports. So when trying the
> command
>
> cmake -DBUILD_OSX_BUNDLE=1 -DWANT_CAIRO=1 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/
> Users/ralf/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/ ../trunk/Scribus/
[]
> ASpell or its developer libraries NOT found - Disabling support for
> spell checking

Do you have the Fink aspell package installed?

> PoDoFo NOT found - Disabling support for PDF embedded in AI
> RPATH: lib/scribus/plugins/;
> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
> and cmake can not find them.
> Please set the following variables:
> FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR

I think adding

  -DFONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/X11/include

should work. You might need to add

  -DFONTCONFIG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.dylib

I am somewhat surprised, though, that it says

> FontConfig Found OK

although it found neither the FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR nor apparently the
FONTCONFIG_LIBRARY. This may be a bug in the FONTCONFIGConfig.cmake file
in the scribus sources.

--
Martin