[Scribus] Problem Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X

Ralf Höling hoeling
Sat Dec 29 11:22:11 CET 2007

Hi Martin!

Am 29.12.2007 um 10:28 schrieb Martin Costabel:

> Ralf H?ling wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile Scribus 1.3.5 on my MacBook Pro with Leopard. I
>> followed the instructions on <http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_from_CVS/SVN_sources_on_Mac_OS_X/Aqua#Building_and_Installing_Scribus
>>>
>> but I have Fink installed instead of Macports. So when trying the
>> command
>>
>> cmake -DBUILD_OSX_BUNDLE=1 -DWANT_CAIRO=1 -
>> DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/
>> Users/ralf/Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/ ../trunk/Scribus/
> []
>> ASpell or its developer libraries NOT found - Disabling support for
>> spell checking
>
> Do you have the Fink aspell package installed?

Yes.

>> PoDoFo NOT found - Disabling support for PDF embedded in AI
>> RPATH: lib/scribus/plugins/;
>> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
>> and cmake can not find them.
>> Please set the following variables:
>> FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR
>
> I think adding
>
>  -DFONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/X11/include
>
> should work. You might need to add
>
>  -DFONTCONFIG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.dylib
>
> I am somewhat surprised, though, that it says
>
>> FontConfig Found OK
>
> although it found neither the FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR nor apparently
> the
> FONTCONFIG_LIBRARY. This may be a bug in the FONTCONFIGConfig.cmake
> file
> in the scribus sources.

After upgrading to 10.5 I had a problem with my X11-installation and
my /usr/X11/include/fontconfig/ was empty. Reinstalling X11 didn't
change anything before I did (thanks to Benjamin Reed):

>>> sudo pkgutil --forget com.apple.pkg.X11User
>>> sudo pkgutil --forget com.apple.pkg.X11SDKLeo
>>> sudo pkgutil --forget com.apple.pkg.X11DocumentationLeo
>>> sudo pkgutil --forget org.x.X11.pkg

So now there are files inside /usr/X11/include/fontconfig/ and I could
compile cairo and ghostscript, but perhaps for any reason cmake
doesn't recognize them. And yes, I recompiled cmake.

Thanks

Ralf