[Scribus] Problem Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X

avox avox
Sat Dec 29 22:11:02 CET 2007

Ralf H?ling wrote:

> Hi Andreas!
>
> Am 29.12.2007 um 05:13 schrieb avox:

>>> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
>>> and cmake can not find them.
>>> Please set the following variables:
>>> FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR
>>>
>>> Any ideas what is wrong or how to set the "FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR"-
>>> variable?
>>>

>> Several. One is to exec "ccmake ../trunk/Scribus/" (notice the extra
>> 'c' in
>> ccmake).
>> That gives you a screen where you can set all variables manually. Some
>> variables are
>> hidden and only appear if you hit 't' for expert mode. Leave with
>> 'c' 'e'
>> 'g'.
>>
>> Second way is to edit the file CMakeCache.txt manually.
>
> Thank you for your answer. When I exec what you recommend, I seethere
> many missing parameters or files, which are not found and I also
> dont't know where they are, or why they are not found. For example is /
> usr/X11/include/fontconfig/ meant with "FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR-
> NOTFOUND"? Shall I change all these paths by hand (I think I need help
> for this) or is Is there a way to tell cmake to search at the right
> places? Here a part of the output:
>
> FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR           FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>   FONTCONFIG_LIBRARY             	 FONTCONFIG_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
>   FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FT2BUILD    FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FT2BUILD-
> NOTFOUND
> FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FTHEADER    FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FTHEADER-NOTFOUND
>   FREETYPE_LIBRARY_DEBUG           FREETYPE_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
>   FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE         FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND

You can ignore the *_DEBUG-NOTFOUND entries.
Have you installed both freetype and fontconfig with Fink? The ones in
/usr/X11 should
not be used since that fontconfig is linked to an older freetype version.

Scribus uses custom CMake modules for locating Freetype and Fontconfig,
which ignore
the path /sw at the moment, so you have to set these vars manually.

If you hit 't' in ccmake you can also set the aspell paths manually.

HTH
/Andreas