[Scribus] Problem Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X

Ralf Höling hoeling
Sat Dec 29 09:19:54 CET 2007

Hi Andreas!

Am 29.12.2007 um 05:13 schrieb avox:

>> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
>> and cmake can not find them.
>> Please set the following variables:
>> FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR
>>
>> Any ideas what is wrong or how to set the "FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR"-
>> variable?
>>

> Several. One is to exec "ccmake ../trunk/Scribus/" (notice the extra
> 'c' in
> ccmake).
> That gives you a screen where you can set all variables manually. Some
> variables are
> hidden and only appear if you hit 't' for expert mode. Leave with
> 'c' 'e'
> 'g'.
>
> Second way is to edit the file CMakeCache.txt manually.

Thank you for your answer. When I exec what you recommend, I seethere
many missing parameters or files, which are not found and I also
dont't know where they are, or why they are not found. For example is /
usr/X11/include/fontconfig/ meant with "FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR-
NOTFOUND"? Shall I change all these paths by hand (I think I need help
for this) or is Is there a way to tell cmake to search at the right
places? Here a part of the output:

FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR           FONTCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
  FONTCONFIG_LIBRARY             	 FONTCONFIG_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
  FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FT2BUILD    FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FT2BUILD-
NOTFOUND
FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FTHEADER    FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FTHEADER-NOTFOUND
  FREETYPE_LIBRARY_DEBUG           FREETYPE_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
  FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE         FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
  JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR                 /sw/include
  JPEG_LIBRARY_DEBUG               JPEG_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
  JPEG_LIBRARY_RELEASE             /sw/lib/libjpeg.dylib
  LCMS_INCLUDE_DIR                 /sw/include
  LCMS_LIBRARY_DEBUG               LCMS_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
  LCMS_LIBRARY_RELEASE             /sw/lib/liblcms.dylib
  LIBPODOFO_CFLAGS
  LIBPODOFO_INCLUDE_DIR            LIBPODOFO_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
  LIBPODOFO_LIBRARY                LIBPODOFO_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
  LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
  LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR              /usr/include/libxml2
  LIBXML2_LIBRARIES                /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib
  PKGCONFIG_EXECUTABLE             /sw/bin/pkg-config
  PNG_LIBRARY_DEBUG                PNG_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND

Thank you again.
Best regards

Ralf