[Scribus] Scribus as HTML

Roger hovergo
Sun Dec 30 23:54:29 CET 2007

<snip>
Additionally, Scribus's text features cannot be reproduced in HTML.
There's no way to control kerning in HTML, and the user-agent expects to
do its own justification & text flow. Working around these issues would
probably involve writing downright awful HTML that absolutely positions
every character individually - and explodes into an unreadable mess when
viewed with non-default font sizes.

If you want to publish Scribus-designed content, I'd recommend putting
up a PDF. If you're just looking for a web page editor I don't think
Scribus is what you are looking for.
</snip>

Craig
Thank you very much for the explanation, it's greatly appreciated.
I did not really want to go the html route, but asked just in case there was a way.

My reason for the request was for our newsletter.
I have to send it as a couple of dozen (and more at times) separate pdf pages
because I and many recipients have very slow dial up.
Sending as one large PDFcan take a long time for the subscriber to obtain.
Some individual pages can take 5 minutes and more before they display on a
recipients monitor so the whole newsletter can take 10 minutes or more.
I have tried zipping the pdf but the file size reduction is not worth the effort.