[Scribus] Scripting questions

Owen rcook
Sat Jul 7 07:18:19 CEST 2007

Running some scripts, I sometimes get;

WARNING: newDoc() procedure is obsolete, it will be removed in a
forthcoming release. Use newDocument() instead.

If I change the script to newDocument I get;

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 8, in ?
  File "/home/owen/Scribuscripts/fb.py", line 3, in ?
    if newDocument(PAPER_A4, Margins, PORTRAIT, 1,  UNIT_POINTS, NOFACINGPAGES, FIRSTPAGERIGHT):
TypeError: function takes exactly 8 arguments (7 given)

The 'newDoc' had only 7 arguments.

Using Scribus-1.3.4 dated 27 May 2007, the Scribus manual->Scripter API doesn't seem to have a 'newDocument'

Suppose my question is where is the 'newDocument' specified?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

TIA

Owen