[Scribus] Large space at bottom of text frames

John Brown johnbrown105
Mon Jul 9 18:14:09 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman <gpittman at ...> writes:

> John Brown wrote:

> > Why are all these gymnastics necessary? No extra space is added at the top of
> > the frame, so why is it added at the bottom?

> In the end, it has to do with how much space is assigned
> above and below the baseline for a given font, so you don't run the risk
> of chopping of tops or bottoms of characters.
>
> Greg

I used the 2-frame solution, and I am happy. I accept that it was a design
decision, but I do not understand the justification. If a character is truncated
, it is a simple matter to make your frame a little larger.

Anyway, another poster said that it is fixed in 1.3.4, but I probably won't
switch because it is the (very?) unstable version.