[Scribus] Fonts - Proposal

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Wed Jul 18 09:58:31 CEST 2007

2007/7/15, Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>:

> Am Samstag, 14. Juli 2007 04:15 schrieb Michael Engel:
> > I have the following problem and solution proposal.
> >
> > In my document texts, I use two font families:
> >
> > Arial and Arial Unicode
> > Bodonis
> >
> > Arial Unicode is necessary for the Japanese Kanji/Chinese Hanzi.
> > After text import always/sometimes (I need to recheck), the font has
> > changed to another one.
> > I need to change the font. But there are lots of fonts and scrolling
> > to the font I need is cumbersome and time-consuming.
> >
> > So, I wanted to disable the unused fonts in the general settings -
> > that is even worse, takes many minutes to do.
> >
> > I'd recommend a switch "unmark all", so I could then just mark the
> > fonts I need which could be done in a minute.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Michael
>
> This is an excellent suggestion! Would you mind filing a bug report?

I agree. Plus, I think it would be great to have a metabug for font handling
if it doesn't exist already. Other good ideas such as this one might show
up. It would make it easier to follow up and discuss. Font handling is one
big reason to refrain a wider use of Scribus in some specific workflows.

Louis

Cheers