[Scribus] Which Library/Frameworks?

David A. French daf1965
Mon Jul 23 01:38:01 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I just downloaded Scribus/Aqua 1.3.4

I followed the order noted below:

   1.  *  Download and unpack Python 2.4. Move the Python framework to
/Library/Frameworks.

Which /Library/Frameworks ? I have several on my Mac

      python24.tar.bz2   Mirror   	16793318  	3395  	PPC  	.bz2

   2. * Download and unpack Ghostscript. Move the framework to
/Library/Frameworks.

Which Ghostscript and to which /Library/Frameworks ? I have several on my Mac

       Ghostscript-8.50-macosx.tar.bz2   Mirror   	2763740  	9901  	PPC  	.bz2
  	gpl-ghostscript-857B.tar.bz2  Mirror 	13799785 	2753 	PPC 	.bz2

Scribus looks like a great program, but why make it so difficult to
install for those of us who are not as tech savvy?  It would be a
great help if there were detailed instructions on the website, better
yet, why not have a program that does the install and not have to go
through this every time?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David