[Scribus] Which Library/Frameworks?

avox avox
Mon Jul 23 02:16:08 CEST 2007

David A. French wrote:
> Hi All,
> I just downloaded Scribus/Aqua 1.3.4
> I followed the order noted below:
>    1.  *  Download and unpack Python 2.4. Move the Python framework to
> /Library/Frameworks.
> Which /Library/Frameworks ? I have several on my Mac

The leading slash '/' means that this is an absoulte path. Python and
go both in Macintosh HD:/Library/Frameworks.

>       python24.tar.bz2   Mirror   	16793318  	3395  	PPC  	.bz2
>    2. * Download and unpack Ghostscript. Move the framework to
> /Library/Frameworks.
> Which Ghostscript and to which /Library/Frameworks ? I have several on my
> Mac
>        Ghostscript-8.50-macosx.tar.bz2   Mirror   	2763740  	9901  	PPC
> .bz2
>   	gpl-ghostscript-857B.tar.bz2  Mirror 	13799785 	2753 	PPC 	.bz2

Any ghostscript would do, but GPL GS 8.57 is newer (and improved)

> Scribus looks like a great program, but why make it so difficult to
> install for those of us who are not as tech savvy?  It would be a
> great help if there were detailed instructions on the website, better
> yet, why not have a program that does the install and not have to go
> through this every time?

That is planned for 1.3.5.
Scribus Aqua currently uses Qt3/Mac which has not the quality of Qt/X11.
Scribus 1.3.5 will use Qt4, which is much faster and will hopefully
some glitches which make using Scribus/Aqua not as enjoyable as on other