[Scribus] Text around a picture

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Jul 26 16:24:32 CEST 2007

Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can I connect a text-box with a picture, so that automatically the text
> goes arround the picture. Or can I let create a shape around a picture
> somehow easy. I often have a picture in the middle of a text-box. Then I
> use the "Donot-shape" and replace the points, that I have rectangle in a
> rectangle, instead of a circle in a circle.

Text frames cannot contain images and image frames cannot contain text,
so at the least you're talking about two frames, I guess an image frame
on top of the larger text frame.
Be sure to indicate Text Flows Around Frame in the Shape tab of
Properties for the image frame. Either frame or both can have a border
-- just make the line color (Colors in Properties) something other than
None.

Once you have a combination you like, if you will repeatedly use the
same size frames, you can Group them then copy and paste group, then
change text content and image file -- this way all your settings remain
the same for the frames, the text, the image. Or save a group of empty
frames in Scrapbook.

Greg