[Scribus] Scribus Digest, Vol 53, Issue 49

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Jul 28 15:33:01 CEST 2007

william f. maddock wrote:
>  Another solution might be to store within the file the path to that
> file's absolute location in the filesystem. That way, when a problem
> occurs, such as the file getting moved. That way, the app has the
> information needed to find the linked-in objects where the file had
> found them before; including, of course, the option and ability to ask
> the user to find the missing objects through the use of a file-loading
> dialog box.
We've had that discussion before, and that was my opinion also, that
filenames in the .sla file should be absolute paths. If the idea behind
an XML file is to have it be human-readable, it's hard to see what's
human readable about '../../../../...'.

Greg