[Scribus] the meaning of the "Use ICC Profile" option

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Sun Mar 4 20:27:54 CET 2007

On Sunday 04 March 2007 18:47, Branko Vukelic wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 19:31:05 Gustavo Homem wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can some developer explain the meaning of the "Use ICC Profile" option,
> > found on the Save as PDF panel, Color tab?
>
> Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but...
>
> The Use ICC profile is supposed to use the ICC profile embeded in the image
> when converting to target color space. Otherwise it will use the default
> profiles that are set in the Color Management tab in Preferences.

That sounds logical, but I think (how to check that?) the image doesn't have
any embeded profile, and the profiles I want in action are the ones defined
in the Color Management tab.

http://people.angulosolido.pt/~gustavo/scribus/cmyk-workflow/sweet.jpg

And it seems to work, when the option is checked.

Thanks
Gustavo

> Best regards,
>

> Branko

Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt