[Scribus] Useability issues

Jim Killock jim.killock
Thu Mar 8 14:49:26 CET 2007

Hi there

thought you might like to know I've just published a 55k print run
8pp tabloid newspaper for Brighton Green Party (you can take a look
at it at

I had some issues with it, including, for the printer, a series of
bugs relating to the pdfs and postscript, which I could replicate and
submit. I also had a bug with template page objects not appearing on
the pdfs after I changed the page dimensions. It's also a little slow
on Mac / Qt, I guess because of the nature of using a library like
Qt, so newer, better spec Macs are much easier than older ones..

Other than that, the main thing that was problematic for me was the
behaviour of text / graphic frame selection. When you select a frame,
hover to be able to use resize handles, and then try to resize it, if
another object touches or overlies it, it selects this second object.
That's quite frustrating - and I wondered if there is either a way of
changing this within preferences, or to change this behaviour in
future releases?

Green Party External Communications
1a Waterlow Road
London N19 5NJ