[Scribus] grayscale images imported as RGB?

Vladimir Savic vlada
Mon Mar 12 12:54:57 CET 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 17:43:36 Terence Chan wrote:
> Yes, I believe this is normal behaviour for scribus - why is this
> a problem? So long as you apply the appropriate icc input and output
> profiles the greyscale images should appear ok when printed and on
> the screen.
>
> Terence

Hmmm...
I was doing something obviously wrong here too (talking about Scribus 1.3.3.x
not 1.3.4cvs). "Appropriate profile" is a key point. No profile can ensure
grayscale RGB (picture in RGB color space but completely constructed of r=g=b
values pixels) picture to appear on K plate only when PDF gets token to
prepress office.
Right approach would be to ask of user if imported picture is composite
grayscale picture or single color channel image. Fortunately, in 1.3.4 there
is a simple solution: image effects -> apply colorize image and give that
picture 'black' color colorization (Don't take further writing for granted
but I think choosing 0%C 0%M 0%Y 100%K "in-Screibus hand made" color doesn't
work correctly)

Vlada