[Scribus] grayscale images imported as RGB?

jon info
Mon Mar 12 23:00:44 CET 2007

>> Lila Pagola

I think scribus should (as most layout applications I know) use the
provided colorspace of the
imported images or eps (think this is what you intended) and don't
apply colorspaces different
from that. Colorspace conversion might be fine - but this IMO should
be handled as a seprate feature.

Isn't it possible to set grayscale images to DeviceGray - RGB to
DeviceRGB - CMYK to DeviceCMYK if
there is no profile provided, otherwise read out the appended profile
and simply use it?
IMO image data shall never be processed nor converted anyway if not
intended or needed.

That might not help you in your case, but if you know how would you
like to add your wishes (if)
to the scribus wish list? (I don't know how to do this by myself)

For now according to what Vlada says tinting the image with the
grayscale "effect" might lead to some
solution. But I don't think it will, because scribus' choice of
profile stays the same: RGB-input.

Setting the image to CMYK does work for me. I don't know wich app you
use but if you convert
your image to CMYK you should make sure you delete all data from the
CMY channels and copy the original
K or Grayscale data only to K or try "maximum Black" conversion mode
(before you import them)

Jon