[Scribus] cupsys-bsd

Etienne Liétart elietart
Fri Mar 23 16:31:22 CET 2007

Hello,

I had posted a question on this list some months ago: " Impossible to print with Scribus in Debian while in Windows it worked:
frustration ".
Answer was : " made a pdf and print it ". Re-frustration.

I do not know if relevant answer was stored in the archives of the list but here is the solution found recently.

Scribus ng v.3.3.8
Debian Etch
i386
Printer Epson stylus photo 750

DIALOG BOX (TO PRINT):

1) I managed to print only by marking " To print by way of a command external ", very command being indicated: lpr CUPS_OPTIONS

Really I tried many a time with this command and my CUPS said that job had been " stopped ".

Until the day when an information scientist of the Linux club "BxLug" says to me that it is necessary to install
CUPSYS-BSD who contains him command lpr (which does not contain the short CUPSYS). It is necessary knowledge.

Oh miracle here is that the Epson takes out a sheet which is not white and which is printed!!!!!

Another software refused to work: muttprint.
Now it works very well.

2) Where it is well less it is when I create a document A4 landscape: it always prints in portrait.

I look in the configuration of CUPS (http: // localhost:631) : nothing on the regulation of the orientation.

So if one lets the mouse one second on the compartment tick " To print by way of a command external ", one can read the bubble : "
To use an administrator of printing such as kprinter or gtklp, to have supplementary options of printing ".
Thank you, Louis Desjardins.
As I have Gnome, I installed the debian package gtklp.

Oh miracle twice: in gtklp, one can adjust orientation, colours, ...

3) Maybe it would be necessary to indicate this information on CUPSYS-BSD in Scribus's help because it does not there seem to be.
What do you think of it?
I have already seen messages similar to mine on the list : "difficulties to print with Scribus IN LINUX !!!"

Thank you for your help.
Thank you for video tutorials about Scribus : good work.

Greetings Brussels,

Etienne