[Scribus] cupsys-bsd

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Mar 23 21:50:45 CET 2007

Etienne Li?tart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had posted a question on this list some months ago: " Impossible to
print with Scribus in Debian while in Windows it worked:
> frustration ".
> Answer was : " made a pdf and print it ". Re-frustration.
>
> I do not know if relevant answer was stored in the archives of the list
but here is the solution found recently.

> Scribus ng v.3.3.8
> Debian Etch
> i386
> Printer Epson stylus photo 750
>

> DIALOG BOX (TO PRINT):
>

> 1) I managed to print only by marking " To print by way of a command
external ", very command being indicated: lpr CUPS_OPTIONS

> Really I tried many a time with this command and my CUPS said that job
had been " stopped ".
I'm using FC6, and what happened from FC5 to FC6 is that, in addition
to jobs not printing directly from Scribus, lpr disappeared, and I had
to use lp. You could try this outside of Scribus from a command line
--- save the Scribus work to a file and see how you can get it to print.

Greg